- Jane Rathgeber: Veterinary Technologist Teaching Award
- Dr. Matthew Loewen: WCVSA Pre-Clinical Professor of the Year Award
- Dr. Albert Barth: SCVMA Professor of the Year Award
- Cindy Toy: WCVSA Honorary President Award
- Dr. Emily Jenkins: Zoetis Animal Health Award for Research Excellence
- Dr. Matthew Loewen: Zoetis Carl J. Norden Distinguished Teacher Award
As the evening's finale, the 79 members of the WCVM's Class of 2017 lined up to officially receive their personalized white lab coats and stethoscopes from representatives of national and provincial veterinary medical associations. The annual White Coat Ceremony is an official welcome to the WCVM and to the veterinary profession for the veterinary college's first-year students.
The new students, who will graduate in 2017, come from communities across Western Canada and the northern territories. A commemorative booklet was also distributed to the students and their families as a memento of the special occasion.
Photography (Flickr sets)
2013 WCVM Fall Awards and White Coat Ceremony
2013 WCVM Fall Awards presentations
WCVM Class of 2017 — group photos