This year, four WCVM faculty and staff members received USask Provost’s themed awards.
“This is an incredible achievement by our instructors. Receiving awards in all four categories is a very special accomplishment. It speaks to the excellence and engagement in teaching at the WCVM and the recognition by colleagues who helped prepare the award nominations,” says WCVM Dean Dr. Gillian Muir.
Award judges assessed nominees in the four categories based on criteria including how they exemplify learning, how they strive for excellence in teaching, how they continuously enhance their teaching practice, and how they assess fairly and lead purposefully.
In addition to the four Provost’s themed awards, WCVM associate professor Dr. Joseph (Joe) Rubin was the recipient of the Provost’s College Award for Outstanding Teaching, which awards one nominee from each USask college or school that teaches undergraduate students.
Here are the five WCVM recipients of USask provost’s awards for 2022:
- USask Provost’s Outstanding Teacher Award: Dr. Elemir Simko
- USask Provost’s College Award for Outstanding Teaching: Dr. Joseph (Joe) Rubin
- USask Provost’s New Teacher Award: Dr. Jennifer (Jen) Loewen
- USask Provost’s Graduate Student Teacher Award: Steve Yang
- USask Provost’s Support of Teaching and Learning Award: Dr. John Ching
All award recipients will be honoured during the USask Staff and Faculty Awards evening on June 1, 2022.